Sunday, March 25, 2012

Polo

Earlier today Mr. Darcy and I engaged in a friendly match of polo at Ramsgate. It was my best attempt to lifting his spirits; I thought the fresh environment of Ramsgate, the presence of his sister, and an afternoon of friendly sports to be the perfect remedy to my friend's negative disposition. Unfortunately, however, Mr. Darcy seemed distracted the whole of the afternoon; the dear man tried to appreciate my efforts and enjoy the company, but it was of no use, I could see from a mile away that his mind was on Elizabeth. In fact, Mr Darcy, at one point, actually fell off his horse due to his absent-mindedness. Caroline immediately ran to his aid (She, Miss. Darcy, along with a few of her friends and the servants were observing from the sidelines); she began scolding and lashing the poor horse, to which Mr. Darcy paid little attention as he collected himself. I do worry about Caroline sometimes, she can be so vengeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment