Sunday, April 8, 2012

Dinner Was Wonderful!

Mr. Darcy and I returned to Longbourn for dinner earlier tonight. The meal was wonderful, and I had such a frivolous time conversing with the many neighbors and friends that attended the dinner; however, my main focus of the evening was Jane. We sat near each other at dinner, and besides some slight uneasiness at first, we could not be separated the whole of the night. As we talked and talked, I realized that her feelings for me have not completely dissolved, as I had feared, and I am invigorated by the thought. I just don't believe I will be able to resist proposing for much longer, despite the fact I would like to make sure she wishes to be wed to me before I do so. The only detail I find strange is the mood in which Elizabeth seemed to be tonight; she seemed extremely absent and upset for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment